Do you realize you may be one massage away from a good mood? Massage therapy can make you feel wonderful - literally! This is because therapeutic massage causes your brain to release endorphins, naturally occurring substances released by the brain that resemble opiates, and are theorized to be the brain chemicals that make you feel happy and content.
We all experience mini injuries to our muscles every day, whether from working at the computer too long, sleeping in a “funny” position, or any number of activities related to our daily routines. The well meaning muscles surrounding these micro injuries attempt to prevent further damage by tensing up so that the strained area is protected. This in turn causes aches, pains, and "knots” to develop.
The muscle tissue of your body accounts for up to 50 percent of your total body weight, and over time can become fatigued and sore from chronic stress and tension. Massage therapy increases the circulation of blood and lymph within the body, helping to rid the body of toxins and deliver much needed oxygen and nutrients to living cells. This assists the body's natural impulse for self-healing and tissue repair, promoting accelerated recovery from injury and illness, regulated blood pressure, and most importantly reduced stress, tension, and anxiety.
Individuals suffering with long-term stress are at a higher risk of developing life threatening health concerns such as heart attacks and strokes. Taking time out to lower your stress level by developing self-healing habits including monthly massages, regular moderate exercise, and improved eating habits, may go a long way towards lowering the level of risk.
Massage Therapy helps to restore your muscles and surrounding soft tissue to optimal condition, as well as providing the benefits of increased circulation for the release of toxins, lymphatic flow for improved immunity, and total relaxation for your overall improved health and well being.
Your spa service should be a tranquil experience. To get the most out of your treatment, follow these tips to best ensure your massage therapy service goes smoothly.
* Carefully consider the day and time of your appointment. Try to schedule your massage service at a time and place you may have a quiet hour or two without being disturbed.
* It is customary and required to shower prior to your massage service. To encourage a relaxed state of mind, be showered and prepared at least 10 minutes before the Wellness Spa Bahamas therapist is expected to arrive.
* Don't be afraid to mention any concerns you may have; all information provided is confidential.
* Once the treatment room area has been readied, the therapist will advise you it is time to begin and how to proceed. You may undress to your comfort level. Be assured that during your treatment you will always be properly covered. Only the area the therapist is working on will be exposed.
* During the massage service, let the therapist know if you experience any discomfort (for example if the room is too cold, or the applied massage pressure is to strong or light). Always speak up if you are uncomfortable.
* Try to quiet your thoughts, and breathe slowly and deeply. This will help you to relax. If an area is extra sore but you think the massage pressure being applied is necessary, mention it to the therapist and continue to breathe slowly. Tensing up will be counterproductive. If you still can't seem to relax let the therapist know; they may need to adjust the applied technique. You will have a more positive massage experience if you offer feedback to the therapist, whose intent is to leave you feeling rejuvenated and renewed.
* How you feel after a massage session may vary depending on the style of massage applied and the length of your treatment. Some types of massage may ease the chronic pain you were experiencing, but leave muscles with a mild soreness from the applied pressure and tissue manipulation. You may want to rest tender areas before jumping back into strenuous activity.
* Always drink lots of water after your massage therapy treatment to further flush toxins from the body. The benefits of therapeutic massage increase cumulatively, so it is typical to feel increasingly better as you continue to get regular massages.
***Your massage therapist is professionally trained and certified. Please be respectful.***
If you are experiencing symptoms of an illness or health concern including but not limited to Covid, an oncoming cold, the flu, serious stomach upset, rash or skin conditions, please reschedule your massage therapy appointment for your health, as well as the health of the therapist. Massage therapy greatly influences the circulatory system which can exacerbate illness if you are already feeling under the weather. Your massage therapy will not be provided if you are ill or in an area where there is evidence of an open wound or skin ailment.
We understand that unanticipated events happen occasionally in everyone’s life. In our desire to be effective and fair to all clients, the following policies are honored: 24 hours advance notice is appreciated when cancelling an appointment. This allows the opportunity for someone else to schedule an appointment in your stead. If you are unable to provide us with 24 hours advance notice, we reserve the right to charge 50-100% of the treatment value, or in the case of promotions, the full promotional value of the treatment. In the case of a late start caused by the client, the client may still be afforded the full treatment time once the therapist's schedule allows. We allow consultation time before and after each treatment and do not arrange scheduling like a spa factory. For example, if you have a 60 minute session, please allow a buffer of 45-60 minutes in your schedule to avoid feeling rushed.
CASH PAYMENT OR CARD VIA
What forms of currency do you accept?
Bahamian or American currencies are accepted.
Do you accept personal cheques?
Personal cheques are NOT accepted.
*The location setup fee may vary for mobile appointments based on your location and booking.*